I’ve taken to listening to podcasts during my workout sessions instead of music. I find that it actually takes my mind away from the activity at hand.
Last week I discovered Another Mother Runner Radio on iTunes and there was one particular podcast that I listened to featuring the bloggers from Athletefood.com. When I browsed their website after my workout, I discovered a couple recipes that sounded really healthy and delicious.
I decided to try making their Chia Museli (visit the link for their recipe) and it was so easy and delicious. I love the idea of just making a base mix that you can keep in the fridge so whenever you’re ready for breakfast, all you have to do is scoop out a healthy portion (1/2 to 3/4 up for me) and then top it with a variety of toppings to change it up.
So far I’ve topped mine with:
- Toasted coconut chips
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Dried blueberries
- Dried cranberries
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Sliced almonds
- (or a combination of 2-3 of the above!)
This is definitely one recipe I’m going to keep in my collection. In addition to their blog, they also shared some great tips on eating healthy when you have a packed schedule. Here are a couple takeaways from that:
- Try to fit in meal prep in between activities, such as chopping vegetables, marinating meat, etc.
- Have a handful of recipes in your repertoire that are basic enough to easily change up for variety.
- Use spice mixes! Healthy food doesn’t have to be bland.